Who are the FCA Hockey Family Services Agents
FCA Hockey Executive Director
As the FCA Hockey director, Rick has been assisting families as their advisor for the past several years. He has helped place players in all levels including NCAA Division 1, 3, USHL, and the NAHL. Rick is excited to be working at all levels of hockey to “Ignite the hockey world for Christ”. He sees great potential at all levels of hockey: youth, high school, collegiate, professional and amateur adult. Rick also sees great opportunities to help coaches become better leaders for their teams…. Transformational Coaches, transforming their players for Jesus Christ. Rick has an extensive network of coaches across the country and leads several Coaches studies mentoring coaches throughout the year.
- Rick grew up skating on frozen ponds in Buffalo, NY
- High School: St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute, Two-time All Catholic selection, Two-time National Champion
- College: United States Military Academy, 1989-1993, 4-years NCAA Division 1, on West Point’s all-time top scoring list. Rick served 6 years on active duty as a US Army Calvary officer and Airborne Ranger
- Head Coach, United States Naval Academy, 1999-2007, Over 120 wins while at Navy.
- Assistant Coach for Team USA at world University Games in Innsbruck Austria in 2005
- Founding Director, FCA Hockey, 2008 to present
FCA Hockey National Board Member and former Director of Coaching
David and his wife Heather served full time with FCA Hockey and spent one year on the 50 State 50 City tour, hosting clinics in 9 different states. He is currently a High School teacher and Coach and has coached at the College level as well. With a great passion for Christ and hockey, David looks forward to reaching out to coaches and athletes at all levels, encouraging them to be followers of Jesus Christ both on and off the ice.
- .723 career winning percentage and over 165 wins at Webster (NY) Thomas High School (2002-2012)
- NYS II Championship (2008)
- NYS Coach of the Year (2008)
- Section V Championships (08, 09, 10, 11)
- SUNY Brockport - Assistant Coach (1999-2002)
- UHL Mohawk Valley Prowlers (1998-99)
- ECHL Baton Rouge Kingfish (1997-98)
- Elmira College (1993-1997)
- Captain (1997)
- Div III All-American (1997)
- 132 Career Points
- Tier II Junior 'A' Kanata Valley Lasers (1991-1993)
With over 35 years of coaching experience at the Professional, Division 1 (NCAA) and highest Junior levels, Coach John Olver has helped hundreds of players achieve their goals of playing at the college and professional levels. John's network of coaches stretches across both the United States and Canada as well as into Europe. John believes that the Lord is calling him to use his experience gained over the past 4 decades to help players and their families find the right opportunity to grow as a player on the ice and grow in their faith off the ice.