Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Match Penalty Rule 601F

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes engages coaches and athletes to grow in their faith and sport.

Get In Touch

Match Penalty Rule 601F

By Dave Jones 

In hockey a match penalty is when you are ejected from the game. Some match penalties are one game suspensions and some are 5-10 game suspensions.

USA Hockey defines a game misconduct as: A match penalty shall be assessed to any player or team official who commits the following actions:

  1. Deliberately inflicting physical harm, or attempting to do so, to any game official, including off-ice officials.
  2. (Note) Any match penalty assessed under this rule must be reported via written game report by the officials to the USA Hockey District Referee-in-Chief within 48 hours.
  3. Deliberately injuring, or attempting to do so, any opposing player or team official.
  4. Behaving in any manner that is critically detrimental to the conducting of the game, including spitting at an opponent, spectator, game or team official, or verbally threatening a Game Official, opposing Team Official or opposing player with physical harm.

Hockey has boards and rules to keep us on track to play the game of hockey. When we apply the rules and stay in the confines of the rink, we have the potential to excel at the game. When we attempt to interpret the game and make our own rules we have the potential to get into trouble. As players and coaches when we understand the rules, study the game through video, seek mentorship with intense, passion and self determination there is tremendous potential for a prosperous career.

Christians have the bible as our boards and scripture as our rules to live a happier healthy God inspired life. As a Christian a match penalty shall be assessed to an individual who goes outside the guardrails of biblical rules. Biblical guardrails are everywhere, but they don't really get much attention until someone hits one, and then more often than not, its a lifesaver.

The Ten Commandments and other commandments of God are biblical guardrails on the highway of life, much like USA Hockey rules and the boards of a rink. If you do not fully understand the biblical guardrails and their intention, the rules and commands of God could seem restrictive. Yet in reality God has given us commands and standards so we may live life to the fullest. The journey of life is not about the boundaries that have been set in place. The boundaries exist so we can safely complete the journey of faith. Believing that God is primarily a Thou Shall Not God is like thinking He is all about the guardrails. The reality is the only reason the Thou Shall Nots exist is because our sin nature would lead us off the pavement if the guardrails were not there. Just like the boards of hockey rink and the rules of the game, God has placed parameters and rules in our lives so we can live and abundant God inspired life. Your friendships. Your finances. Your marriage. Maybe your greatest regret could have been avoided if you had established guardrails, and avoided those match penalties in the game of life.

Top Ten Guardrails:

  1. Don't go out to dinner with a colleague of the opposite sex
  2. Don't View Sexual Acts of Other People [Married People]
  3. Don't Travel Alone or Eat Alone with Members of the Opposite Sex    [Married People]
  4. Don't Confide in or Counsel Members of the Opposite Sex [Married People]
  5. When You Feel Your Heart or Desire Drifting Towards a Specific Person, Tell Someone. [Married People]
  6. Don't hire cute members of the opposite sex because you want to help them [Married People]
  7. Keep your marriage relationship and your children the highest priority in your life. [Married People]
  8. Apply the Married People Guardrails in your relationships with Married People [Single People]
  9. No Sleepovers or Sex Until You are Married, If Sex is a part of your dating life, take a relationship break [Single People]
  10. Protect your Eye and Ear Gate: Turn off or walk away from implicit television or implicit conversations (Single and Married people)

Workout Scripture

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Flee from sexual immorality, all other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body

Hebrews 13:4 - Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

About the Author

Dave grew up in Western Pennsylvania and spent most of his life in and out of hockey rinks around the world; playing in cities such as Ottawa, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Kalamazoo, and Grand Rapids. His love and skill for hockey lead into a professional career in Europe playing in Luxemburg, Russia, Slovakia, Switzerland and Germany.

For over 13 years, Dave has worked with NHL, NFL, Track and Field, and Crossfit athletes with their mental preparation, as well as hundreds of organizational leaders and executives around the world. He has founded 4 thriving companies in the Raleigh North Carolina community. He has a B.S in Management Studies from the University of Maryland and a Master's Degree in Counseling Sports Psychology, and currently pursuing his Doctorate in Sport Psychology.

17 comments (Add your own)

1. Ellloalay wrote:
Cheapest Female Viagra Viagra Prescription [url=http://buyciali.com]cheapest cialis[/url] Buy Propecia Europe

Wed, May 30, 2018 @ 11:19 AM

2. seisale wrote:
indiana payday loans
[url=http://paydayusaloans.com/#]personal loans[/url]
quick easy loans bad credit
personal loans

Mon, July 16, 2018 @ 12:03 PM

3. quelori wrote:
cialis discount generic cialis
[url=http://cialichlis.com/#]buy cheap cialis online[/url]
generic cialis for sale
buy cheap cialis

Mon, July 16, 2018 @ 4:19 PM

4. Immide wrote:
que es viagra
[url=http://viagengrarx.com/#]generic viagra[/url]
viagra i norge
buy generic viagra online

Mon, July 16, 2018 @ 4:31 PM

5. sheence wrote:
free viagra samples online
[url=http://bgviagrachrx.com/#]buy cheap viagra[/url]
homemade viagra recipe
buy cheap viagra

Mon, July 16, 2018 @ 7:53 PM

6. wrote:
It is really a great and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that
you just shared this useful information with us. Please
keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Thu, October 4, 2018 @ 11:38 AM

7. wrote:
obviously like your website however you have to take
a look at the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding
it very bothersome to tell the reality then again I will definitely come
back again.

Sun, October 21, 2018 @ 12:17 PM

8. wrote:
Hello there! This post couldn't be written much better!
Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this information to him.
Fairly certain he's going to have a good read.
Thanks for sharing!

Mon, October 29, 2018 @ 1:30 AM

9. wrote:
After I initially commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and
from now on whenever a comment is added I recieve four emails with
the same comment. Is there an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?

Many thanks!

Tue, November 6, 2018 @ 5:15 PM

10. wrote:
Hi there, constantly i used to check webpage posts here early in the
daylight, because i like to gain knowledge of more and more.

Thu, November 8, 2018 @ 7:10 PM

11. wrote:
Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and
include almost all significant infos. I would like to
look extra posts like this .

Mon, April 1, 2019 @ 4:27 PM

12. wrote:
My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on numerous websites for
about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.

I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

Fri, April 5, 2019 @ 10:30 AM

13. wrote:
Excellent web site you've got here.. It's hard to
find quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like you!
Take care!!

Thu, April 18, 2019 @ 10:17 AM

14. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting
videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something
enlightening to read?

Fri, April 26, 2019 @ 2:43 PM

15. wrote:
Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you,
However I am encountering issues with your RSS. I don't know why I am unable to
subscribe to it. Is there anybody having the same RSS issues?

Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?
Thanks!!

Mon, April 29, 2019 @ 10:49 AM

16. wrote:
Undeniably imagine that which you stated.
Your favourite reason appeared to be at the internet the simplest factor to remember of.

I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst other people consider concerns that they plainly do not know about.
You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects
, people can take a signal. Will probably be again to
get more. Thanks

Sat, May 11, 2019 @ 3:18 AM

17. wrote:
At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming yet again to
read other news.

Mon, May 13, 2019 @ 9:13 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.