This summer (2017) we will be sending 2-4 FCA Select teams to compete at the Chowder Cup. Based on our response from players, we will have either 2 teams in each division, JR. A Elite Division (18-20 years old) and the College Open Division (16-19 years old) or 1 team in one of the divisions and 2 in the other. The player cost will be $550 per player. IF you are attending Team FCA you need only check the "interest'" box on that form to let us know you are interested in joining us for the Chowder Cup. If you are not part of Team FCA, please fill out the form below. Most players will be selected from our Team FCA event in May, however, a separate tryout can be arranged if you are unable to attend Team FCA. Below are some important facts about the Chowder Cup 2017.
- We plan on having our teams arrive in Rhode Island for training camp on Monday afternoon (by 3:30), July 10th. Training camp includes practices, scrimmage, team devotion time, college visits, and other team activities (visit to the ocean).
- We will practice on Tuesday and Wednesday and then head to Boston for games, Thursday through Sunday.
- The $550 cost includes all ice time (at least 3 practices, 3 games), tournament fees, 3 team dinners, all breakfast meals, transportation in RH and Boston, a study book, and an FCA Hockey golf shirt.
- Team slots will be filled according to ability as the teams will include players with birth years 1997-2001.
- Parents are invited to attend for the entire week as we will have team functions all week that include parents at many of them.
- We will have 2 team hotels (1 in Providence and 1 in Boston) that have rooms reserved. Players can stay with family members or with other players and split the room costs. More info to follow.