The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is hosting the 5th Annual “Team FCA Select Camp” this year over Memorial Day week-end (May 22-May 25). The Camp will be held at the University of Buffalo (Amherst Campus) with the on ice sessions taking place at the Northtown Center in Amherst, NY. The Camp is open to all male players between the ages of 16 and 20 years old (1994-1998), from both the United States and Canada. The number of participants is limited to 80 and fills up fast, so please apply as early as possible. Campers will have the opportunity to receive instruction, practice and compete over the 4 day period (4 games per player).
Players will be divided into 4 teams, with a general manager as well as 2 or 3 coaches per team. Coaching staffs will consist of Professional, NCAA Division 1 and 3 head and assistant coaches, preparatory coaches, and junior and high school coaches. Players from Tier 1,2 and 3 junior teams as well as high school and midget programs will be represented. This week-end will be an awesome time of spiritual growth, hockey, and making new friends from around the country. You don’t want to miss this amazing experience.
We will be providing transportation to UB and back to the airport as best we can. To ensure we are able to assist you, please do your best to arrive and depart in accordance to the following times and dates.
Arrive no later than 2:00 PM on Thursday 5/22, and depart no earlier than 5:00 PM on Sunday 5/25. All flights should use the Buffalo Airport.
We are currently working on finalizing our 2014 coaches and will post them as they commit. Below are the ones who have already confirmed.
1. Jake Hannon - Assistant Coach, Liberty University, ACHA Division 1 - http://www.liberty.edu/campusrec/clubsports/index.cfm?PID=25951&CoachID=104&TeamID=2
2. Chris Davidson - Head Coach, Vermont Academy, http://vermontacademy.org/page.aspx?pid=784
3. Sean Bianchini - Assistant Coach, Castleton Spartans, NCAA Division III, http://www.castletonsports.com/sports/mice/coaches/bianchini
4. Ryan McKelvie - Head Coach, Lake Forest, NCAA Division III, http://www.goforesters.com/sports/mice/coaches/ryan_mckelvie
5. Doc Delcastillo - Head Coach, Hamline, NCAA Division III, http://www.hamlineathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=249&path=mhockey
6. John Daigneau - Assistant Coach, Canisius College, NCAA Division 1,
7. Brian Dickinson - Head Coach, The College at Brockport, NCAA Division III,
8. John Olver - General Manager, Bakersfield Condors, ECHL
Below are some of the former coaches that have attended Team FCA, many of which will be back.
Jon Christiano – Director of Professional Scouting for the Buffalo Sabres
Charlie Burggraf – Head Coach, Bethel University, NCAA Division 3
Dallas Steward - Assistant Coach, Sioux Falls Stampede, USHL
Tim Christian - Assistant Coach, Lake Superior State, NCAA Division 1
Jason Nightingale – Former Assistant Coach, University of Notre Dame, NCAA Division 1
Earl Utter – Head Coach, Cortland University, NCAA Division 2
Chris Davidson – Former Head Coach, Saint Michael’s College, NCAA Division 2
Dave Fryer – Former Head Coach, Robert Morris University, ACHA Division 1
Jack O’Halloran – Head2 Head goaltending, Former Professional Goalie
Gary Steffes – Professional Player, Lake Erie Monsters (AHL), Former Miami of Ohio player
Location: Amherst, NY
Participants: Hockey players age 16 to 20 (1994-1998).
Enrollment: Limited to – 80 players - 48 forwards / 24 defensemen / 8 goalies
Staff: NCAA Coaches - Junior Coaches – College Players – Professional Players – FCA Staff & Volunteers
Cost: $450 U.S.D. all-inclusive (includes meals, lodging, NT Bible, and hat)
If you are interested in attending the camp, please fill out the enrollment form below. We will review your application and notify you if you have been accepted. This is a rolling admission, so if accepted, you will have 2 weeks to accept your spot and confirm with payment.
Partial and full scholarship are available based on a needs basis. If you are interested, fill out a scholarship request form and write in Team FCA as the camp you would like to attend.